Business Intelligence Architect
RemoteOrlando, Florida, United States$105,000 - $110,000 per yearMarketing
American Safety Council’s (ASC) success lies at the powerful intersection of people and technology. Bringing innovative training and education solutions to more than 2 million customers a year, ASC enables lifelong learners at every level — from trusted industry brands, such as Amazon, Siemens, Geico and Chick-fil-A, to individual learners seeking to enter, sustain or advance their careers. Our people come with a get-it-done spirit and a desire to impact a rapidly growing industry. ASC is committed to continuously evolving to ensure a culture where employees can be themselves, do their best work, and thrive, both professionally and personally. We choose to be a remote workforce so we can hire top talent regardless of location — all while empowering employees to work from wherever they choose. Innovative, brave, kind and diverse are defining traits of our team. Our talent is positioned in numerous roles, with opportunity for internal mobility, such as software engineers, instructional designers, creative writers, consultative sales professionals, innovative marketers and more.
The Business Intelligence Architect is responsible for building world-class data products and enabling large teams across the business to move faster and smarter. This role collaborates with other departments to identify and automate potential business analytic reporting and works with data analysts to ensure they have the tools, training, and understanding of the field to produce effective dashboards, reports, and metrics. Additionally, the Business Intelligence Architect works with data analysts, database administrators, and data architects to develop best in class high performing, easy-to-use self-service BI solutions answering both simple and complex business problems.
- Work cross-department to understand how the consumer journey appears within our data
- Conduct data modeling using industry best practices
- Support the design, development, and iterative improvements of periodic business health reports
- Support operations through design and development of data automation & reporting tools
- Partner with business stakeholders, digital organization, and IT organization to define and implement the business intelligence end-state analysis
- Conduct key data, reporting and dashboards needs analysis of all departments and develop, communicate, and execute the appropriate strategy and plan to meet key stakeholder needs
- Provide direct support to both model and ETL development resources for the OLTP, OLAP and other needed data structures to facilitate the business intelligence strategy
- Design and implement data integrations and data structures that can be easily consumed for analytic reporting
- Proven experience working in insights and analytics within the e-commerce industry
- Proven track record of analytical problem solving and to help organization improve key KPIs
- Ability to tell a story and frame actionable insights from data
- Experience working in SQL, Azure, and other Cloud ETL Tools
- Experience in Google Sheets, Excel, & Power Query
- Experience and expertise with business intelligence tools such as Looker Studio, Power BI or Tableau
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Consistent ability to transform reporting requests into consumable datasets and or report automation
- Alignment of optimizations to data utilization processes with organizational and departmental KPIs
- Identification business analytics gaps and facilitation of data collection, transformation, and distribution to resolve those gaps
EEO Statement: ASC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.