Revenue Staff Accountant
RemoteOrlando, Florida, United States$60,000 - $65,000 per yearFinance
American Safety Council’s (ASC) success lies at the powerful intersection of people and technology. Bringing innovative training and education solutions to more than 2 million customers a year, ASC enables lifelong learners at every level — from trusted industry brands, such as Amazon, Siemens, Geico and Chick-fil-A, to individual learners seeking to enter, sustain or advance their careers. Our people come with a get-it-done spirit and a desire to impact a rapidly growing industry. ASC is committed to continuously evolving to ensure a culture where employees can be themselves, do their best work, and thrive, both professionally and personally. We choose to be a remote workforce so we can hire top talent regardless of location — all while empowering employees to work from wherever they choose. Innovative, brave, kind and diverse are defining traits of our team. Our talent is positioned in numerous roles, with opportunity for internal mobility, such as software engineers, instructional designers, creative writers, consultative sales professionals, innovative marketers and more.
The Revenue Staff Accountant position is responsible for ensuring accuracy and reliability of revenue data, managing complex billing situations, ensuring proper application of cash, and providing revenue reporting to management teams. This position will ensure accuracy, timeliness, and overall quality of these functions within the finance team and work with team on process improvement initiatives.
- Prepare and record daily and monthly revenue journal entries.
- Reconcile payment processor and bank data on a daily/weekly basis.
- Generate and distribute client invoices.
- Prepare daily revenue flash reporting for management team.
- Process and deposit check payments.
- Monitor accounts receivable aging and assist in collection activities.
- Work with clients to monitor and manage client accounts or discrepancies.
- Actively participate in monthly and annual close activities including review of balance sheet accounts.
- Participate in process improvement activities that enhance the work environment
- Assist with annual audit requests related to revenue and A/R.
- Perform Ad Hoc reporting and requests as required.
- Participate in the design and implementation of software solutions.
- Consistently exhibit the attributes associated with ASC Core Values.
- Familiarity with general accounting principles and proficient with revenue and accounts receivable processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to collaborate with all levels of leadership
- Ability to challenge current processes and look for opportunities to improve efficiency
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Effective organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Identify 3 key measures of performance for the individual in the position to succeed.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of monthly revenue under ASC revenue recognition policies and procedures.
- Partner with sales and technology teams to continually look for opportunities to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Understand and utilize platform applications to drive solutions within ERP software creating competences in billing and revenue management.
EEO Statement: ASC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.